Subject: Re: rc.d
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/19/2000 13:35:04
On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# I said that it was now no longer important to know the inner workings of
# rc.subr, rcorder, et al, for the average person who only needs to tweak
# one or two subsystems, and indeed it isn't.
#
# I don't speak for NetBSD.

Oh, I know _that_ :-)

# I also pointed out the obvious and said that if you do want to learn
# about the innards then you're more than welcome to do so.

It's kind of hard to distinguish those two statements (the first and the
last), I suppose, no matter how they're phrased.  The fact that docs
are forthcoming does indicate a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm just hoping that the light is not
	- an oncoming train
	- a mirror
	- New Jersey