Subject: Re: rc.d
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/19/2000 16:06:54
On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 02:23:26AM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> I think you'd be better off focusing on getting a formal statement like:
> "Yes, we realize that there are dissenting opinions, however we have decided
> that it is in the best interests of the Project to forge ahread and make the
> best of this." Actually I would like to see this too. The distinct lack of
> one bothers me, as if giving any sort of ground whatsoever would open the
> doors to reversing the decision.

See my previous mail.. you can consider that to be such a statement.

Some people have said that the way it was (not) announced wasn't good.
I do understand that reaction. The intention was to bring it into the
tree and work out some remaining issues with input from this list,
but in hindsight a clearer announcement and the availabilty of docs
and examples right from the start would have been better. Live and
learn, I guess.

- Frank