Subject: Re: rc.d
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/18/2000 22:32:35
Well, being one to administer my growing herd of NetBSD boxes (and even
those of others) I very much want to be able to both control and verify
(preferably at a glance) what gets run at boot automatically.  The fact
that someone installs a pkg should not automatically start new services.
One example being when you develop a package -- you probably don't want
it run until you are fully done with it -- and the machine may need to
be rebooted before you are done.

Please, let's also improve NetBSD for us admins.

+ Kim

--
Kimmo Suominen
kim@tac.nyc.ny.us