Subject: Re: more work in rc.d [was Re: rc, rc.shutdown proposed change]
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/18/2000 11:37:53
I have something of an idea, although it might not sit too well.

If there are people interested in the monolithic rc scheme, perhaps
they could just keep it up to date and offer it as a replacement for
the rc.d scheme.

I mean, if the Project won't support it, and there are people who want it,
then the alternative is to have an up-to-date monolithic style rc scheme
somewhere, it doesn't matter where.

Does someone wish to own this project?  I'd even go so far as to suggest
pkgizing it, but not everyone installs/uses pkgsrc, so...

I can take a stab at it, but:

	/greywolf: Optimization changed from TIME to QUALITY

about seven years ago :-).

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: Tap The Power.