Subject: Re: rc.d
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/18/2000 17:00:42
On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 08:43:42PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> I have nothing against the package system, except possibly that it's
> draining off developer cycles that could go to IMO-better uses - though
> developer cycles are not a fungible commodity, doubly so for a
> volunteer project.

It actally saves me a lot of time, by providing already-tested sources
and automatically compiling dependancies. I can spend this time on other
NetBSD stuffs.
For sure a lot of time get spent on the package system, but don't get it
backward: all in all, the package system allows NetBSD developers to spend
more time on other stuffs.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>