Subject: Re: more work in rc.d [was Re: rc, rc.shutdown proposed change]
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/12/2000 15:08:01
On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 09:08:32AM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:

 > c) Add support for /etc/rc.pkg.d, and ensure that that directory
 >    is created during installation.
 >    This is for packages. After a package installation a user should
 >    copy the script from /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/ to /etc/rc.pkg.d
 >    to enable the startup.

This is a lose.  Once the user installs a package, he shouldn't have
to copy stuff around to make it go.  I think this is going to be a serious
negative for our pkg system.

At the very least, this change should be VERY CEARLY AND LOUDLY
documented in our packages documentation.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>