Subject: pthreads
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Aaron Bamford <sab@zeekuschrist.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/09/2000 01:31:37
What is the current state of libc's thread safeness? is there any plans to
make 1.5 threadsafe? or even any project going on to do so? does the
kernel suport threads well enuf for a thread safe libc and thread
implementation to be included in the base yet? Could the unproven-threads
be intergrated into libc to at least result in a good starting base for
thread suport? what other things than libc would be effected by threads?

I'm just currious about all this because it seems to me as it pthreads
should be in the base system but i dont ever hear any talk of plans of
anything taken place to implement this.

Is there a reason we are ignoreing threads? or are we not ignoreing them
at all?

thanks to anyone who answers these for me. If there is a project going on
to add threads to the base system id be intrested in helping, but for now
i really just want to know whats going on.

ps. sorrie i wasnt sure which address to send this to.

- Scott

sab@zeekuschrist.com  |  sab@ansic.net