Subject: formatting an ext2fs partition ?
To: None <>
From: Pierre Bourgin <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/25/2000 11:58:22

does someone know if it's possible to format an ext2fs primary
partition under NetBSD/i386 ?

I checked packges related to linux (emulators/suse_*) but (of
course ?) linux tool 'mkfs' is not supplied.

I did not find too NetBSD tools to do this ; newfs_ext2 does not
exist, nor 'man newfs' explains how to do it ?

This would be really nice if it's possible, because I try to
write and unattended and semi-unattend OS/applications
installation platform for NT, linux and NetBSD.
It's written in .sh shell :( and uses a NFS / + dhcp kernel.
For NT it does not work so bad :)
Once it will be usable, I problably put in my web public stuff :)

Pierre Bourgin