Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/12/2000 17:46:37
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Matthias Drochner wrote:

: >  newfs_lfs refuses to create a filesystem on a partition not labeled
: > "4.4LFS".

Yuck.  How do I newfs a partition not labeled this way now?

: Shouldn't we try to make the various newfs_* programs
: behave similarily?

NO, unless there is an option to turn this bogosity off.  I have, more than
once (actually, in three places in my current setup) used completely
_unlabeled_ disks:  that is, newfs'ed the raw partition and used
that.  There is real utility to this, particularly for the disk-swapping
case, now that FFS_EI exists.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)