Subject: Re: SIOCSIFADDR & co
To: None <,>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/29/2000 04:40:42
[My side, at least, of this discussion will move to tech-userlevel;
this will be my last contribution to it on tech-kern.  Even this one
I'm sending here only to get people following it to hear about it.]

>> Isn't -lreadline the reason gdb and ftp ignore a typed EOF, because
>> my eofc isn't ^D?  Progress like this I could do without.

> No problems here:

> $ stty eof ^E
> $ gdb
> [blahblahwoofwoof]
> (gdb) ^E$

> ...what *do* you use for an EOFC anyway?  ^Z?

Yes.  And I even specifically tried setting my eofc to ^E, and it still
didn't work for me.

What date sources are your gdb and libreadline built from?  I'm using
1999-08-13 source - are you with 1.4, or -current, or what?  And does
ftp behave like gdb for you?  There was a time a while ago when ftp was
broken but gdb, despite its providing line editing, worked right.  Then
someone must have changed something, because gdb broke too....

					der Mouse