Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/22/2000 17:00:08
>  > Update for SUS v2 curses - printw takes `char *format' not `const char *format'
>
> Huh?  printw() *writes into the format string*?  If not, then I don't see the
> harm in keeping it as "const char *".

Well, I think it's strange that the spec. has printf() taking `const char *'
and printw() (which calls printf() without modifying the format string) taking
`char *'.  I'm not averse to changing it back.  Does it matter if it doesn't
meet the spec. (one of the goals we have with the curses overhaul is to meet
SUSv2)?

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/