Subject: Re: Local additions to /etc/{daily,weekly,monthly}
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/07/2000 22:05:26
On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 02:12:59AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> 	Do we really need to have "run_local"?  isn't it okay to just ship
> 	empty /etc/daily.local and invoke it anyways?

My preference is having /etc/daily sourcing /etc/daily.local if the latter
exists and similar for the other scripts. This is similar to netstart.local.

I prefer that the system does not ship with an empty /etc/daily.local, as
this contains a small chance  of overwriting it in case of a system (re)install
or upgrade.

Similarly I would be happy to see /etc/rc.local disappear completely in
the distributed system, but possibly leaving the current /etc/rc.local
in /usr/share/examples/etc.

best regards
Erik Bertelsen