Subject: Re: src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs/common
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/18/1999 13:27:10
[ On , December 17, 1999 at 21:09:34 (-0800), Chris G. Demetriou wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs/common
>
> no, going through and adding -lc, etc., to library builds will.  it's
> not much work, going in and doing it's just kinda annoying.

Ah, yes, I think I see....  (library builds use raw "ld" and not "cc"
which is what normally supplies the "-lc" to "ld")

Will simply adding the "-lc" to share/mk/bsd.lib.mk cause any problems
for other libraries?  I.e. can we assume that all system libraries will
actually require some dependency on libc?  (is it better to be safe than
sorry -- does it really matter for shared system libraries?)

Will this cause any problems for other people?  (I would say yes only if
they use BSD style makefiles, but not libc.)

Can it be done right away without regard to whether or not version
numbers are bumped?  (I would tend to think so, but I don't really
know.)

--
							Greg A. Woods