Subject: Re: src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs/common
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/17/1999 18:05:07
    Chris> "Michael C. Richardson" <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> writes:
    >> Yes, we have to produce and update the previous libc version for a
    >> major release, and this needs some changes to the src/lib/libc build
    >> regime to build two libcs.

    Chris> Huh?  I don't understand why you think we would need to do this.

    Chris> What we _would_ need to do is bump the major number of every
    Chris> shared library that depends on libc, or else incompatibilities
    Chris> would result.  That's not just fun, it's pretty much intractable.

  Yes, we would have to do that.

  But, not if we provide a non-threads libc.so.12.X that was compatible with
the old code.

  Why even have a major number?

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.