Subject: Re: A report on implementing runlevels in NetBSD
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/1999 14:25:13
On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 08:33:37PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
> Personally, I think Sun ought not have been bedded by AT&T in the first
> place.  Solaris 2.0 was a fscking disaster.

And 2.1, and 2.2, afaihh. My referrence in the other part of the building
started to say you could use 2.3 and 2.4 with dozens of patches. Apparently,
2.5 was the first halfway decent, and in 2.6 already some of the performance
wins it had over 2.0-2.3 were lost again.

I don't know, personally. We only started with SunOS 5.x when ix was 6, and
only on >=270 MHz UltraSparcs.

Regards,
	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of