Subject: Re: take 2; which way should we go for /etc/rc...
To: None <>
From: Michael C. Richardson <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/03/1999 17:36:57
    Jason> networking up.  Being able to boot into runlevel 1 (single-user +
    Jason> networking) would be useful to me.

  Uh, on a SysV machine, "single-user" is runlevel 1, and no, networking
is not enabled.
  There is no way, for instance, to boot a Linux box into a single user shell
that doesn't try to mount the root RW. Screw up your /etc/fstab on a linux
box and you get out the CD.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: PGP key available.