Subject: Re: take2...
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/03/1999 13:02:06

Todd Vierling wrote:

> What I don't remember seeing in many of the proposals is an easy way for a
> user to add dependencies in cases where the scripts would otherwise be
> executed in arbitrary order [without modifying a particular script].  I'd
> venture a proposal to have such a configuration file, so that you could say:
>
> mount_critical_fs: nfs_client mount_stand
>
> and get your NFS partitions and /stand mounted before things that needed
> system-important filesystems.

Just to check: Instead of editing N scripts to add PROVIDE/REQUIRE etc, then
running rcorder, you edit 1 configuration file which contains the PROVIDE etc
info for the N scripts and then run an associated program? (I like it - also
wonder why it is so useful for a script to tell me that dhcpd.conf is missing
rather than dhcpd itself...)

Cheers,

Patrick