Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: /etc/rc, /etc/init.d/*, ...
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de,>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/03/1999 11:30:57
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 01:30:30AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > > The nice thing about the sysv S* and K* numbering is that it's all
> > > very explicit what's going on and when...
> > Except that (at least) Solararis doesn't promise that there is any ordering!
>
> Huh? Maybe look at /etc/rc? and sh(1) ...

Hubert, thats _current implementation_, not what the documentation promises.

Hm. Actually, in Solaris 2.6 the ordering is specified, so I'm wrong.

Maybe I misread the docs, or it has changed recently to match the
implementation.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of