Subject: Re: take 2; which way should we go for /etc/rc...
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/02/1999 11:23:08
>> If you do it in "sort +0.1n" order you'll surprise a lot fewer
>> newbies (but possibly some already-clued admins).
> i don't see how you could surprise some "already clued admins",
> unless you assert that they were banking on the fact that S10 goes
> (ascii sorts) after S100, S101, and S102...

What I'm thinking is something like having a facility that begins with
a digit.  For example, suppose some 3Com product comes with a daemon
3comd, so someone picks a place in startup - S62, say - and creates
S623comd to start 3comd...and then gets bitten by its running at the
end of the sequence rather than between S61 and S63.

					der Mouse