Subject: Re: portmap=no, nfs_{client,server}=yes
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/19/1999 11:14:51
> 	I would agree with you if the default was portmap=YES, but in
> 	-current the default is portmap=NO.

> 	The argument now is that if I set 'nfs_client=YES' it should
> 	start everything needed to work as an nfs client.

Hm.  I see what you mean; the problem is that there's no way to tell
the difference between "I the admin say don't start portmap" and "I
haven't touched anything about portmap".

Perhaps we need not only YES and NO but DEFAULT?  (Which for portmap
would be NO, but would be automatically mutated to YES if NFS, YP, etc
are turned on.)  Or maybe call it AUTO instead....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca