Subject: Re: gethostname and getdomainname
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/15/1999 11:03:57
On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 07:16:43PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | a NULL oldlenp in user space is not properly translated to a null
> | pointer in system space in the head of sys___sysctl(). Fixing this requires
> | fixing a lot of usage in other (than sysctl_string()) sub-functions...
>
> It has to be.

Yesyes. But  not yesternight after 0020.

> I think you need to change len to size_t, and initialize oldlen to ~0
> if it is null.

its more difficult. Just a SMOP, but...

oldp	oldlenp	olddata	oldlength	error
NULL	NULL	dont	dont		none
NULL	valid	dont	passback	none
valid	NULL	d/c	can't		implicit EFAULT
valid	valid	do	min(old,bufsize) ENOMEM if data truncated

Regards,
	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of