Subject: Re: pthreads
To: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/05/1999 15:59:15
    >> Can anyone tell me what this means:

    >> /usr/libexec/ld.so: symbol ___sF at 0x40049100 in
    >> /usr/pkg/pthreads/lib/libpthread.so.1.60 changed size: expected 264,
    >> actual 192

    Christoph> I think, this means that for some reason the binary was linked
    Christoph> against the shared libc in /usr/lib (or maybe some other

  Aha.... I need to link against a different libc if I use pthreads? Makes
sense to me!

    Christoph> library pulled it in).  Did you use the pgcc to compile and
    Christoph> link the program?

pzero-[~] mcr 199 %which pgcc
pgcc not found

...aha!

pzero-[~] mcr 202 %ls /usr/pkg/pthreads//bin
pg++* pgcc*

  Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [