Subject: Re: Need some advice regarding portable user IDs
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanchez@apple.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/18/1999 14:28:14
| Fred, right now what happens in MacOS when I take a disk which has
sharing
| credentials set up, and hook it into another machine? How are the
| credentials handled there?

  I think Mac OS 8 will forget about the credentials.  I don't
actually know much about how sharing works.

  But the current file sharing behaviour is not entirely useful to
think about, because it doesn't effect the local permissions (much),
and the local permission are what I'm worried about.  Exported
filesystems are another story, and I don't want to compilcate things
too much by worrying about that right now.

	-Fred

--
       Wilfredo Sanchez, wsanchez@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating Systems / BSD