Subject: Re: new make variables
To: Aidan Cully <email@example.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/09/1999 18:36:40
On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 03:03:37 -0400
Aidan Cully <email@example.com> wrote:
> Then CRYPTOBASE could be replaced with a list of crypto trees, in the
> order you'd like them applied, with a bit of foo in the src/lib/Makefile
> &c., like this (untested):
Um, first of all I'd like to point out that your use of CRYPTOPATH inside
of the Kerberos 5 was was *completely wrong* right from the very beginning.
CRYPTOPATH was never meant to be used in that way, and you weren't even
setting all of the variables necessary for it to function!
When I did a "make build" *even without* KERBEROS5 set, the make machinery
you used didn't work *at all*. You obviously didn't test any of it.
So, maybe you can understand if I think this change is a little ... suspect.
So, as I understand your use of .PARSEDIR, it's competely unnecessary. Looks
like .CURDIR will do what you want. It's worth noting that .CURDIR did what
you wanted in the stuff I had to fix, too.
I also note that you seem to have already committed it. I guess you didn't
even bother to look at all of the Kerberos5 include file machinery that
I fixed (without the need for .PARSEDIR).
I'll also note that you suggested this change on Sunday (when most of us,
I would gather, are trying to get AWAY from their computer keyboards),
and apparently committed it less than 24 hours later.
I'd suggest that you make it work without .PARSEDIR, and then back out the
change to make(1).
-- Jason R. Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org>