Subject: Re: link(1) - when did it disappear?
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/18/1999 20:26:27
On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Christos Zoulas wrote:

# In article <>,
# Gandhi woulda smacked you <> wrote:
# >It seems that link() does not allow linking of directories any more.
# Yup, my fault. You need also to disable the VDIR test in
# sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c approximately at line 646.
# christos

Hm.  Actually, I'll leave that in.  Given that link counts are taken
into account when trying to rmdir() a directory (if st_link > 2, rmdir()
will fail whether or not the directory is actually empty, forcing clri),
linking directories at the user level creates more trouble than it's worth.