Subject: Re: link(1) - when did it disappear?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/18/1999 20:26:27
On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Christos Zoulas wrote:

# In article <Pine.NEB.4.02.9907181327140.15573-100000@defender.starwolf.com>,
# Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com> wrote:
# >It seems that link() does not allow linking of directories any more.
#
# Yup, my fault. You need also to disable the VDIR test in
# sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c approximately at line 646.
#
# christos

Hm.  Actually, I'll leave that in.  Given that link counts are taken
into account when trying to rmdir() a directory (if st_link > 2, rmdir()
will fail whether or not the directory is actually empty, forcing clri),
linking directories at the user level creates more trouble than it's worth.

				--*greywolf;