Subject: Re: link(1) - when did it disappear?
To: None <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/18/1999 10:15:40
Lucio de Re wrote:

#
# ...hard links seem like such a waste of inodes...
#

Hard links don't waste inodes.  Symlinks do.  It's hardly a "waste"
of inodes, though -- the average filesystem has far more inodes than will
be used realistically, unless you're building some strange source or version
control system that makes gratuitous use of symlinks (and yes, I've seen
such a system...)

# Well, I think one of NetBSD's good points is its liberal approach: "Give
# them enough rope..." type thing.  This is a piece of rope I really want
# quite badly.
#
# So where are the policy makers on this Sunday morning/Saturday night?
#
# ++L
#

				--*greywolf;