Subject: Re: Replacement for grep(1) (part 2)
To: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
From: Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/08/1999 18:15:31
Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se> writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no> writes:
> > > +       realpat = grep_malloc(strlen(pattern) + sizeof("^(")
> > > +                             + sizeof(")$") + 1);
> > Why not just use asprintf?
>
> Doesn't matter, thsis code is gone in the latest version. You though
> the linux 'kernel of the day' was bad; now you have the FreeBSD 'grep
> of the minute' :)

You guys need the infamous two-headed-editor from 'Dave-n-Val the two-
headed programmer' at Weber State.  It allows two programmers to edit
the same file on two terminals; it displays the line of code the OTHER
user's cursor is on in red and won't let your cursor on that line.

;^)

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com