Subject: Re: Repalcement for grep(1)
To: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
From: Marc Espie <Marc.Espie@liafa.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/04/1999 18:46:46
On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 02:13:13PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Jamie Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu> writes:
> > All of the code is original except for binary.c.  It is used with the -a
> > option to prevent searching binary files.  binary.c is extricated from
> > less-332's binary checking code.  I was just that lazy.
>
> Less's binary checking code is a tad too strict. It complains about
> files with my name at the top (e.g. /usr/include/fetch.h in FreeBSD
> 3.x and 4.x) in non-ISO8859 locales.

I have half a port of jless in my files (less + code to let it handle
exotic charsets) which I might finally get the time to finish at some points.

No, this beastie does not only handle japanese charsets, but since they're
probably the weirdest charsets available, everything else turns out to be
considerably simpler.

--
	Marc Espie