Subject: Re: make clean
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/21/1999 17:44:27
Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de> writes:
> > should "make clean" remove ktrace.out files by default, too, given that
> > it will remove binaries, core files, .o's, etc ?
>
> No, nothing in the build process starts ktrace, so I see no reason
> why we should remove such files.

Uh...

Right now the 'prog' clean rule cleans:

        rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core \
            ${PROG} ${OBJS} ${LOBJS} ${CLEANFILES}

last i saw, nothing in the build process should generate:

	a.out
	Errs
	errs
	mklog
	core
	*.core

either...  So, if you're going to apply the standard that you
mentioned, well, there's more to apply it to.  8-)

cgd