Subject: Re: negative user-ids and interoperability.
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/27/1999 17:34:51
[ On Tuesday, April 27, 1999 at 17:51:56 (+1000), Giles Lean wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: negative user-ids and interoperability.
>
> From http://www.unix-systems.org/unix98.html:
>
>     UNIX ® 98 - the latest version of the Single UNIX Specification
>                 integrating the industry's Open Systems standards.

I *hate* marketing dweebs changing things like that!  What could
possibly be the matter with just calling it "Version 3"?

*I* had thought that UNIX-98 was some attempt by SCO or whomever to
resurrect the old SVID.

Sorry for the confusion!

(I guess the only thing that's changed names more often than the
standard itself has been the domain name they use!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods