Subject: Re: negative user-ids and interoperability.
To: None < (NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion>
From: Giles Lean <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/27/1999 17:51:56
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:52:11 -0400 (EDT)  Greg A. Woods wrote:

> The Single UNIX Specification, Version 2 (available online at
> <URL:>) which is a damn
> sight better than UNIX 98 as far as industry standards go

They're the same thing.

    UNIX Бо 98 - the latest version of the Single UNIX Specification
                integrating the industry's Open Systems standards.

Follow that to the download page at

and what you get is the single UNIX specification version 2.  Why they
adopted a naming scheme from a company whose ambition is to kill
anything UNIX (or even Unix :-) is a puzzle I haven't attempted to