Subject: Re: man links: hard/symbolic
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/23/1999 18:55:12
[ On Friday, April 23, 1999 at 16:55:47 (-0400), Andrew Brown wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: man links: hard/symbolic
>
> the only problem here is that a .so link to another man page that's
> compressed (the target, not the link itself) doesn't seem to work.  i,
> at the very least, get interesting garbage.

No, not with the existing soelim, but if you're going to support
compressed manual sources then it would only make sense to add this
capability to soelim.  ;-)

I'm going under the assumption that cattable manpages never have links
to them, even if they're identical to other cattable manpages, and that
unless you build all cattable manpages the only ones that'll exist will
be those that have actualy been read by someone.  I think this is the
only sane way to handle them.

--
							Greg A. Woods