Subject: re: PR#3615 status...
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/21/1999 05:40:17
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, matthew green wrote:

> it seems that (a) mount should be resolve the path and (b) umount should
> be able to unmount relative paths if they *are* mounted, perhaps via some
> switch to disable path resolution before calling unmount()... i think.

  Ok, I'll implement (a) today for mount_* (and update the man pages).
mount_msdos seems to do this already, though it uses getcwd instead of
realpath and gets the real path wrong if you are in / (mnt -> //mnt
instead of /mnt).

  Also, mount_msdos warns you when you enter a relative path.  Should it?
umount doesn't, so I'd think mount_* shouldn't either.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net