Subject: re: sunos5 compatible audioplay/audiorecord programs
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/26/1999 17:49:31

   > as far as i can tell, audioctl & cat allow you to do almost everything
   > with our audiosystem that is possible..

   	Presumably you would be able to 'audoplay' formats other than .au
   	automatically? That alone would be a real win from the average
   	user perspective.

it currently has support for .au files only;  however i am almost
done with .wav support and hope to finish that up in the next few
hours.  .wav is a bizarre format :)  adding other format support
is probably the only really missing feature, and i plan on having
as much support as possible, for both recording and playing (but
not right now).