Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Not for internal consumption <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/18/1999 08:02:13
Michael Richardson sez:
/*
 *   Init *ASKS* what shell you want in single user mode.
 *   If anything, I'd like it to make sure to start the shell as a login
 * shell, possibly with HOME=/root if that directory exists. I don't
 * think this happens right now.

It is a login shell, and let's not start a debacle on what HOME
should be in single-user mode.

To prove to  yourself it's a login shell, modify /.profile to set the
prompt or to echo something.

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
There is nothing so phenomenal as the music of the Grateful Dead.  ___
No other music can so instantly bring a smile to one's face as    / / \