Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/1999 21:50:01
On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 05:44:02PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I'd vote we make the tcsh and bash packages install into root, rather than
> pull them into the distribution. That way they're package-ized (you don't
> want it, you don't get it, you pkg_delete, it's gone) and in /bin. They'd
> be compiled static of course. :-)

"Me too." Or, rather, I'd rather keep the default as it is now, and have the
option of installing shells (or other things, as appropriate) into /bin or
elsewhere (and statically linked) on a case by case basis.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped