Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/1999 12:06:06
In message <Pine.SGI.3.95.990317095556.5426F-100000@bleu.west.spy.net>, Dustin
Sallings writes:
>	I don't think PAM and the parts of login.conf that you seem
>interested in are related, actually.  It would make sense to get all of
>the stuff you wanted in to a login.conf for setting limits, etc... and
>getting PAM in for doing authentication as two seperate projects.

Hmm.  How would you specify authentication methods?  It would seem only
reasonable to use 'login.conf' for them, at which point, the provided model
does authentication.

I'm uncomfortable with doing PAM unless someone can show me how a non-suid
program can do authentication that requires suid using it.

-s