Subject: Re: PAM
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/1999 09:53:04
On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

# I don't think a whole lot of people disagree with you.  But there's
# clearly a point where it's senseless to discuss much more unless
# somebody's going to write the code!  If you want PAM so much -- write
# it!  You may end up having to revise it somewhat, but certainly it's not
# just going to get ignored.
#
# What _do_ tend to get ignored are people saying "_X_ should be
# implemented."  "_Y_ should be implemented." where nobody steps up to the
# plate to implement either.  This is a volunteer project, after all!

	PAM is already written.  The hard part is rarely getting the code
to work, it's getting people to agree that all of the authentication
should shift to a different system for the sake of more widespread
compatibility.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>