Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/16/1999 06:39:41
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 01:12:52AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> With the recent removal of the toor account, it is appropriate to move
> the root login-shell from csh to /bin/sh. Reasons for it are most
> widespread base on all Unix systems and more intuitive command line
> handling over csh.

To join the choir:

I heartily welcome the removal of toor which I have never seen a
serious use for. I also welcome the change of root's login shell
to be sh instead of csh -- the reason is that it is then consistent
with single-user mode's default offer of running sh.

regards
Erik Bertelsen, UNI-c.