Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/15/1999 18:28:32
Bill Studenmund sez:
/*
 * On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
 *
 * > With the recent removal of the toor account, it is appropriate to move
 * > the root login-shell from csh to /bin/sh. Reasons for it are most
 *
 * No, it's not. I believe both changes were inappropriate. We've had root
 * using csh since 1993 and a toor account for that long. We shouldn't be
 * changing these defaults willy-nilly. Especially as both of our *BSD
 * cousins still use csh. :-)

I might say here that on BSD, root has been using csh since 19>83<!

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
"Yikes!" said Wile E. Coyote.