Subject: Re: patch to allow /etc/ld.so.conf configure directories for ELF
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/12/1999 22:13:22
  I want to say that the only experience I've had with /etc/ld.so.conf
(either needing to add to it other than /usr/X11R6/lib for a.out
systems,  or edit it) was when some brainiac put /usr/local/lib before
/lib on a Linux system, rebuilt /sbin (no, not statically linked) and
then the system stopped working when we decided to
move /usr/local to a partition that wasn't mounted at boot. Bind
/sbin/init broke.

  Now, this is arguably a problem with /sbin being screwed.
  So, if we must have something like /etc/ld.so.conf for ELF, then
let's at least call it something else. If we can do without it, great.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [