Subject: Re: Sendmail and anti-spam
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/16/1999 14:29:35
"Heiko W.Rupp" wrote:
> I wonder if we should ship our sendmail.cf with some anti spam stuff enabled
> At least this 8.8.8 that came with 1.3.3/sparc seems to be wide open ..
>
> We should perhaps deny relaying and perhaps also accepting mail from
> hosts that have no valid mx or such.

Seems like a good idea. If someone really wants to relay mail, he
probably knows what he's doing and has no problems enabling it again.
Therefore the default configuration should protect our more
unexperienced users out there who would have great difficulties
to disable this feature (without being aware that it even exists :-)

  Guenther