Subject: Re: sanitising make(1) variable overrides
To: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/30/1999 13:38:48
greywolf@starwolf.com (Missing - presumed fed.) writes:
> 'scuse me, Chris?  I believe I was the one requesting the patches or
> some similar arrangement to make the man vs cat thing possible, but
> by no means mandatory.

yes, and then todd -- whose message i was replying to, not yours;
yours was not even quoted -- indicated that once there was a way to
generate cat pages from man pages automatically (at run time, etc.)
it'd be perhaps appropriate to only install the unformatted 'man'
pages.  That's bogus, just as bogus as somebody claiming that only cat
pages, or only both, should be installed all the time.

cgd