Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/23/1999 10:53:35
I have a getopt replacement that is almost completely backward
compatible, but also parses full or partial string arguments, numeric
arguments, and "+" options (which are also parsed as "--" options).

One missing feature is the ability to set the global "opterr".  It
currently behaves as if this is set to 0.  Support could be easily
added but I have not had the desire to do so.

Feel free to check out <ftp://ftp.codegen.com/pub/getoptx/getoptx.tgz>
and use.  It's complete with a man-page and self-test.

The main arg-parsing loop looks something like this:
           while ((c = getoptx(argc, argv,
                   /* minus options */
                       "(#)ab:c(debug)(debugl/evel:1001):(?:1002)",
                   /* plus options (may be NULL) */
                       "(foo)(bar):(FOO:f)(BAR:b):(#)xy:z"
                   )) != EOF)
 	   {
	   case 'a': ...
	   case '1001': ...

The code is free for any use as long as all the copyrights are
maintained in the sources.  It is *not* copylefted.  It's also very
small and simple.

	-- Parag Patel