Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: (Greg A. Woods) <woods@weird.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/13/1999 11:57:30
On 12-Jan-99 Greg A. Woods spoke unto us all:
# > Modified Files:
# >       src/usr.sbin/ipf/ipmon: ipmon.8
# >       src/usr.sbin/ipf/ipnat: ipnat.8
# > Log Message:
# > Inform users of the kernel options necc. to run these programs, and
# > point them to options(4) for more details.  Also point out that ipf
# > is necc. for ipnat to function.  Oh, and convert ipnat.8 to mandoc
# > while I was in here... was easier to convert it then rewrite my stuff
# > after I noticed..
# > Closes PR# 4813 by Jeff Thieleke
#
#  Converting "integrated third party" documents to mdoc(7) format might
#  not be a good idea, at least not without converting all the ones for a
#  given "package" and not without adjusting the "*2netbsd" script so that
#  "vendor" changes in new versions will be noted and can be manually
#  merged into the new format documents.

So I've apparently backed myself into a corner with this one.

I can't back it out, because then our manpage would still suck.
I can't back it out to man format, because ipf couldn't take my
netbsd-kernel-specific changes back into thier tree anyway.

So I guess now all I can do is fiddle with the *2netbsd script...  sigh.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org