Subject: Re: Importing texinfo: proposal
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/03/1999 14:05:37
Hello!

> install-info is supposed to DTRT automatically.  I can make it look in
> /usr/pkg too, of course, as a fallback for systems upgrading to 1.4.  I
> don't think /usr/X11R6 has an Info directory (I think the directory nodes
> are put in /usr/pkg/info/dir by install-info, but can someone correct me if
> not?).

You are wrong, $X11BASE has an info directory with its own info/dir
file, and it really should have (as $X11BASE/man should have its
whatis.db). Currently packages like gtk and gimp and others install
info files there).

The pkgsrc gtexinfo package has $LOCALBASE/info and $X11BASE/info in its
default INFOPATH btw.

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //