Subject: Re: Importing texinfo: proposal
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/02/1999 20:14:55
On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> To dig up an old thread, I'd like to import texinfo 3.12 into the tree so
> that we can distribute and use the various GNU texinfo doc in our tree for
> the GNU tools.

I'm not a big fan of texinfo, but as well as it being fairly critical
in terms of toolchain documentation, it's gotten to be a popular
enough documentation format that I'd agree with this. It also saves
having to have a whole pile of packages depend on the gtexinfo

Curt Sampson  <>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: