Subject: Importing texinfo: proposal
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/02/1999 21:12:51
To dig up an old thread, I'd like to import texinfo 3.12 into the tree so
that we can distribute and use the various GNU texinfo doc in our tree for
the GNU tools.

This would involve the following, designed as such to address prior concerns
about such an import:

- texinfo would build makeinfo, info, install-info, texi2dvi, and texindex.
- The texi2dvi script would be changed to add a check to make sure some
  kind of TeX is installed in $PATH.
- info would have a manual page created.
- info files would install in /usr/share/doc/info, and the default Info
  directory would be in /usr/share/doc/info/dir.
- all info files, as well as all /usr/share/doc files, would move to a new
  distribution set, `doc'.

Comments?