Subject: Re: Moving /var/cron/tabs
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/19/1998 12:29:24
Greg A. Woods wrote:
] I think some people feel that almost everything in /var is "expendable"
] to some degree where as configuration files of any kind are not (and I
] even agree with this feeling in some circumstances).  In order to
] satisfy that requirement one must move /var/cron/tabs out out /var.
]

I'd like to second this.  There is should be no reason that a system
should not be able to just create /var dynamicly at boot type (mfs).
Especially in a workstation style environment, remote syslogs and
remote mail stores reduce whats needed to be kept around.  As far as
recover, well.. yes, its a minor inconvience,  but one should be saving
periodically anyway.

] When this is done I'd greatly appreciate if the doer moved the default
] cron log file to /var/log/cron too!  (There's no need to reserve
] /var/log for files writtent to only by syslog.)

-=erik.

--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.