Subject: Re: Moving /var/cron/tabs
To: Curt Sampson , Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/19/1998 03:15:50
On Dec 18,  4:49pm, Curt Sampson wrote:
} On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Manuel Bouyer wrote (in tech-packages):
}
} > I'd really like to see these moved too. For now, a full backup of a system
} > requires a backup of /var too, which is buggy.
}
} Right! I'd forgotten about that one, but while we're at it, can we
} move /var/cron/tabs to /etc/crontabs or something similar?

     You would also have to worry about /var/account, /var/at/jobs,
/var/log, /var/mail, /var/msgs, /var/preserve, /var/spool, and
/var/yp.  Clearly, there are many things in /var that need to be
backed up to get a full system backup, which means this suggested
change is completely pointless.  I really don't see what the problem
is or why Manuel considers this to be a bug.

}-- End of excerpt from Curt Sampson